Tuesday 15 April 2014

Who am I?

Hello internet.
My name is Harriet. (Not going to say my last name for privacy purposes.) :)
Welcome to my blog, which I decided to write out of complete boredom.
I was inspired by the famous youtuber, (with now over 4,000,000 subscribers! Congratulations,) Zoella to make a blog. She runs a blog too. Check it out: http://www.zoella.co.uk/ . I adore all of her videos and they have made me start a lot of new hobbies too, such as baking, internetting (ooh a new verb), make-up, putting together outfits and writing. I don't do THAT much make-up, as I don't want to start wearing foundation, concealer etc. as I'm 13. Apparently it gives you spots and you'll have to keep on wearing it and it'll cost quite a bit, so I want to save that until later. I still have to deal with my stupid blemishes though. Oh, the joys of being a teenager. .-. My make-up look is kept as toned-down as possible, as I like the natural kind of look. To achieve this look, I usually wear brown waterproof mascara and sometimes a smidge of black eye-pencil, usually put on the edge of my eyelid in a veeeeery thin layer. This gives a small illusion of your eyes looking bigger. I love big eyes.

I live in a small town in West London, in a small house with a small family. I live with my mum and my sister. I go to a small school, which I usually take the bus to. I'm going to study music, german, geography and science. I adore music - it is probably my only real talent, unless writing counts. I'm also pretty linguistic and geography and science interests me. I want to do everything, including graphics, art and drama. But I have priorities, and I can always use graphics, art and drama in my spare time as hobbies. I play 5 musical instruments, two of which are major and I take grades for. These are the cello and the piano. I am currently doing my grade 5 cello and my grade 4 piano, which is ok for my age. I also play the drumkit in my spare time, just for fun, the ukelele and I sing. (Vocals are an instrument, in case you didn't know!)

Another one of my hobbies is gaming. I love computers and any sort of gaming console. I only own a computer, 3DS and a Wii (I never use the Wii now) however, and I really want an Xbox. However, as I'm almost going to KS4, gaming would take up revision time and getting an Xbox wouldn't really be productive. It's annoying though - I love all sorts of games. First person shooters (almost always TF2), sandbox (minecraft), puzzles (portal 2) and any other games with an aim. (Pokemon.... shhhh).

I also LOVE to read. Any sort of story I WILL read. I absolutely love Harry Potter. (we have a potterhead) I'm in Ravenclaw. I am at the moment obsessed with John Green's books. I recently finished The Fault In Our Stars with tears in my eyes, and I now want to read An Abundance Of Katherines. (or whatever it's called.) Stories are a big part of my life. Someday, I want to write my own.

I don't have much idea of what I want to do in the future. I want to get really good grades and do something to do with the internet/music, but I'm not sure what else. Music doesn't get you a lot of money to earn a living from. Nor does the internet. But I don't want to be doing something that I hate. That makes life terrible and I want to be happy. That's what I think the meaning of life is. To be happy. But I'll cover that in another post.

As I've been typing this I think I've come across as someone who is full of themselves and loves themselves to pieces and that I think everyone else around me is not as important as me. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. I used to have extremely low self esteem. My self esteem now is a lot higher, as I've found an amazing person who I love to pieces. He's told me and made me believe that I am a better person than I think I am. He's kinda made me who I am today and he's shaped my outlook on myself. I am NOT FULL OF MYSELF AT ALL OK AND I DISLIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE LOVE THEMSELVES AND TREAT EVERYONE AROUND THEM BADLY OK I'M NOT THAT PERSON but I'm more confident in myself than I ever was and at the moment I'm going through a rough time, but it may be the best time. I think I'm going through a life-shaping time period for myself. Woo.

That's basically the author covered, but you'll find out more about me in my posts in the future.

Welcome to the land of Harriet.

-Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment