Wednesday 30 April 2014

Being unpopular


There are lots of kinds of unpopularity - you could have an unpopular opinion (E.G: I don't like cheese. This is a true fact about me, by the way.) or you could be the opposite of a celebrity.
But the most commonly talked about era of unpopularity is being unpopular with people. Some can find it annoying; being unpopular and not able to make many friends can be upsetting for them and they can easily start to question:

"Why does everybody hate me?"
"What's wrong with me?"

I'll tell you something - I am probably one of the most unpopular people in my school year. And to be honest, I don't give two shizzles.

By unpopular, I mean I don't have that many friends. I find it very hard to identify someone as one of my friends - a friend, to me, is someone I can be myself around and they don't care.
Those people are so hard to find.
Most of my friends are boys - I only have a few friends who are girls and even then, they usually find people who are into more things they are and therefore like them more. That's the thing - I am usually never put first.
Also, I know that a lot of people dislike me - they dislike how I act, talk, what things I like and anything I do.
Let me tell you something:
I DON'T CARE! :D Think what you like - it's probably never going to affect me or my health.

Why should you spend your ENTIRE life caring about what other people think of you? Life would suck and it wouldn't be worth living - life isn't about other people unless you want it to be. You should be able to do what you want and when you want, without people caring. Unfortunately, this society is made to care about what other people do that isn't their business, or if someone doesn't fit into society they decide to act badly to them or behind their backs in an indirect post on facebook.
That isn't what life's about.

The amount of friends you have doesn't define you as a person.

I could be the meanest person in the entire world and still be popular.
I could also be the kindest person in the entire world and be unpopular.

Just because you're sitting at lunch alone doesn't mean you've done something awful or that you're extremely sarcastic and mean. It could mean that, but it doesn't always.
That person you see sitting alone or having to go in a three could be the nicest person you know once you get to know them - they might not be very good at making friends.

But why should you care about the amount of friends someone has?

If they're happy with themselves and they're not hurting you or anyone else, why try to make them know that you don't like the fact that they don't have many friends? Why should you care?

Here's a message to those who don't have many friends. Are you happy the way you are? If yes, good. Do what you want. If no, don't worry! You probably just haven't found your true friends yet. (: If you're not that good at making friends, wait for the right person to come to you or try hanging out with some new people and see if they're nice to you and you'll be able to feel if you fit in or not.

Oh, and don't care about what other people think of you.
If they hate you for whatever reason, don't have anything to do with them because they're 100% not worth your time. (:

-Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment