Wednesday 16 April 2014

Introverts and extroverts


(credit to MiaMan on tumblr for these drawings - they're fab)

You might be wondering what the hell those massive words are in the title. Let me give you a brief description. If you're an introvert, it means you get your energy from being alone and you lose it when you're in public/around people. Extroverts are the opposite. They lose their energy when they're alone and therefore prefer to be around others. People often mistake introverts, such as myself, to be very shy and antisocial. This is not the case - I like talking to people but I hate talking to lots of people and making small talk with people for ages and being surrounded by strangers. I get my comfort from being alone, on my laptop, which is what I'm doing right now.
(Bare in mind that introverts and extroverts are just part of a personality theory.)
Not all introverts are the same, though. Most are functional in groups and are awesome with people they know well and they can get along with them, however get parylsed around strangers and want to get out of any situation with them.

For example, if an introverted person was at a party with lots of strangers, they'd be quite uncomfortable. 
Extroverted people could easily talk to them.
Not all introverted people are the same, as mentioned. Some could talk to the strangers for a bit of time, but would want their alone time as well.

I just want to establish that being an introvert is not a trend and nor is being an extrovert. You can be both, or a mixture of the two. Or you can be neither, if that's what suits you. (RHYMES FTW)

Just as a quick summary, introverts like their alone time and extroverts like being around people.
But all of our personalities are different. :D

-Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment